Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Product

I know there are still other opportunities to talk about my product, but I felt that having a blog post would be helpful for me to sort out my thoughts.
My product is being able to communicate better with adults, and just people in general. During my mentorship, I had to do everything on my own. I couldn't rely on my parents to speak for me as I did when I was smaller. For one, their English speaking skills aren't very good, and two, it would seem kind of strange that I wouldn't be able to speak for myself when trying to look for a mentorship - it just wouldn't look good. So throughout this entire year I have slowly been improving my communication with other people, specifically  strangers that hold information that I need to gather.
This communication skill has been improved through the countless projects and presentations throughout these four years in I-Poly, but I think Senior Project really gave it a bigger nudge because I had to rely on my self for everything. I couldn't depend on others and expect them to do the face-to-face talking for me. No, I finally had to do this for myself and I couldn't back out because my grade depended on it.
So I am truly grateful to this project for being able to take me out of my shell just that much more. I no longer get to the verge of an anxiety attack at the thought of speaking to someone I'm not used to. Sure, I still get a bit nervous, but not nearly as much as it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment