Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection

1. Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

For my 2-Hour, I'm most proud of the fact that I was able to get through an hour of talking to a very large audience. I get nervous speaking in front of large groups of people, and the fact that I actually wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be during my presentation shows that I've really come a long way from the shy and timid girl I was in freshman year. Sure, I still wouldn't go out of my way to actively participate in public speaking, but just knowing the fact that I could if I wanted to, and actually do good during it is an amazing feeling. As for senior project, I'm really proud of the fact that I was able to do over 100 hours of mentorship.  That was definitely an invaluable experience.

2. Questions to Consider

a. What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation?

P - I definitely think I hit all the required points needed for a P, but I don't feel that I did anything above the requirements that would give me an AE. I am still proud of all the work I did in my presentation, however.

b. What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project?

P/AE - I think I deserve a small boost in grade for the many mentorship hours that I was able to accomplish, and I feel that I did a lot of research in preparation for my two hour presentation.

3. What worked for you in your senior project?

I really, greatly appreciated the help of the I-Search. It just helped me organize and present my 2-Hour and made everything just that much easier. It was a really helpful guideline - especially if you didn't write nearly as much as you could have in your I-Search - those were the things you could start talking about in your presentation. It was just a really great organizational tool and I would've probably been a lot more nervous while preparing for my presentation if I had not had the I-Search.

4. (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?

I think I would have come up with better Independent Components. Sure, my two ICs definitely gave me invaluable experience for my overall project, but maybe if I had just gone a little above the norm and done something greater, I could have experienced something much better and fulfilling for my project.

5. Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors? Be specific and use examples.

It's made me open up a lot more to people. I usually keep everything to myself, and don't really ask people for help because I'd feel like a bother. But senior project has really taught me that you can't do everything on your own. Eventually, you'll have to ask people for help and support. With every presentation regarding our senior project came around, I would have to ask those around me for help, especially my finally, which is something I usually never do. It's also taught me how to be just a bit more outgoing and confident, and this definitely showed through my two hour presentation. I sounded a lot more confident than I did in the beginning of the year, and I definitely felt a lot more prepared. So, this new confidence will help me int he future with interviews with potential employers, and just any public speaking that I will ever need to do, and for that I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment